Are You Planning To Go On Vacation?
If you are about to leave for a well-deserved and long-awaited getaway, don’t forget to your home ready for vacation. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get prepared before you jet off on to your holiday destination.
- Suspend all home delivery mail and newspaper subscriptions while you are away.
- Ensure you have a neighbor or friend check on your home from time to time, especially if you don’t have a modern security system that allows you to observe your property while away.
- Hire someone to maintain your lawn and water your plants, as a neglected yard could possibly tip off potential burglars that you are away from home.
- You may want to consider unplugging any non-essential appliances to save on energy and to protect them from any potentially harmful electrical surges.
- Do you have a bedside alarm? You will want to remember to turn that off before you leave.
- We all love to share on Facebook and Instagram. I know it might be difficult, but it is suggested that you don’t post your vacation pictures on social media until after your return – otherwise you may be announcing that your home is unoccupied.
- Finally, before you head off to your destination, be sure that you have adequate travel insurance and upload photos of all critical travel documents such as your passport, driver’s license, travel insurance, emergency contacts and credit card to a cloud-based secure server for access from anywhere should you happen to lose any documents while on vacation. You might want to provide a family member with copies as well.
Happy and safe travels!
Tell us if you have any great travel safety tips you’d like to share!
Source: ©Morris Real Estate Marketing Group & The Bytown Tea